- Will Aitchison - firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 1-1/2 tbsp (20 ml) olive oil
- 1-1/2 tbsp (20 ml) butter
- 3 or more Jalapeno Chiles (depending upon taste), broadly chopped and seeded
- 4 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 packages of cream cheese (even the fat free stuff will do, though it's not best)
- 1 pint, half-and-half
- Saute the onion in the olive oil and butter until clear.
- Add the tomatoes and chiles, bring to boil, and simmer for at least 15 minutes to reduce liquid and set the flavor.
- Stir in cream cheese, using whisk to distribute and mix.
- When cream cheese is melted, add half-and-half.
- Serve with any dipping food, including tortilla chips, carrots, tomatoes, celery, etc.
- This is an adaptation of a wonderful recipe once
served in a now-defunct Mexican restaurant in
Arlington, Virginia. At least, it's my attempt
to adapt the recipe.