- Barbara Huitt
- 4 cans black eye peas, drained (can use frozen but they must be blanched in boiling water for a few minutes)
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 6 medium ripe tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chopped fresh cilantro, roots removed
- 2 or more fresh jalapenos, minced, remove seeds!
- dash red wine vinegar
- dash olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- salt to taste
- Mix everything together, this recipe cannot fail!
- Taste test to determine whether more spices are necessary, or to increase hotness by adding more jalapeno.
- Chill a minimum of 2 hours.
- Serve with your favorite chips or use as a normal salsa.
- Barbara Huitt has been a vegetarian for over 20
years and has many unique and delicious recipes
to share. This salsa fills you up and has a
delicate tangy flavor.