- Barbara Huitt
- 2 eggplants
- seasoned breadcrumbs
- optional: add seaweed powder to breadcrumbs to give eggplant fish flavor, and still remain a vegetarian dish!
- Cut eggplant into "wheels", leaving skin and seeds in.
- Brush on mayonnaise.
- Add dash of pepper in breadcrumbs.
- Bread eggplant in breadcrumbs.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Broil for about 15 minutes, turning over when one side is brown.
- It's done when you can poke a fork through eggplant
- Dip ideas: tartar sauce, cocktail sauce, mayonnaise and soy sauce (mixed).
Barbara Huitt has been a vegetarian for 20 years.
She has found that eggplant makes a wonderful
substitution for meat. This recipe is very
simple and delicious!