- Vanessa Beer
- 3 large chicken breasts, split, skinned and boned
- salt, to taste
- 6 thin slices lean baked ham
- 6 oz (168 grm). Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) flour
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) butter
- 1 4 oz (112 grm). can mushrooms
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) water
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) dry white wine
- Place chicken breasts, boned side up on a board.
- With meat mallet lightly pound each to 1/4 inch thickness.
- Cut cheese into 6 sticks.
- Season with salt.
- Place a ham slice and cheese stick on each chicken breast.
- Tuck in the sides jelly roll fashion, pressing to seal.
- Tie securely.
- Coat rolls with flour.
- Lightly brown in butter.
- Place in baking dish.
- Brown mushrooms, water and wine in a skillet.
- Pour over chicken.
- Cover, and bake in a 350 degree (175 C.) oven one hour or until chicken is tender.
- This recipe is French. I obtained it while
cooking for a culture day in my high school
I was not able to find this recipe anywhere else,
and thought it might be helpful to someone.