Venison or Beef Casserole
- 2 lbs (.9 kg) ground venison or beef
- 8 slices bacon
- 2 cans tomato soup, undiluted
- 2 cans whole kernel corn
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tsp (5 ml). garlic powder or crushed garlic (optional)
- 1 package chili seasoning
- 2 boxes Jiffy cornbread mix
- In a large skillet cook bacon, remove bacon and drain on paper towel, save drippings.
- Brown hamburger and onions in drippings.
- Add the tomato soup, and chili seasoning.
- Let simmer for about ten minutes.
- After simmering, layer the hamburger in a 9 x 14 inch baking dish.
- Layer in the corn.
- Layer in the bacon strips, or crush bacon and spread on top of corn.
- Mix corn bread batter (a little runny), and spread on top of other ingredients.
- Bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) until corn bread mix is golden brown.