- Miriam P. Posvolsky
- 1 lb (.5 kg) fettuccini
- 4 T butter
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) fresh cream or heavy cream
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1/2 lb (.2 kg) mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 c parmesan cheese
- salt, pepper and pinch nutmeg to taste
- Cook mushrooms and shallot in 2 T butter uuntil all liquid has evaporated.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in cream.
- Add a pinch nutmeg.
- Bring to a boil. Set aside. Check seasonings.
- Cook fettuccini al dente in plenty of boiling salted water, then drain.
- Stir into sauce, bring to a boil, and stir in the rest of the butter.
- Sprinkle parmesan and serve.
- This is a very easy and simple recipe, but tastes