- Jan Hill
- 1 stick (1/4 lb (.1 kg).) butter
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) whipping cream
- 2 lbs (.9 kg). bag of confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) butter flavoring
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) peppermint oil (or 1 tsp (5 ml) extract)
- Leave butter at room temperature until soft.
- Heat cream until warm.
- Mix all ingredients by hand.
- It will be stiff, so you may have to use hands to knead until smooth.
- Add color as desired and continue to mix by kneading.
- Press into mint molds to form.
- Remove from forms.
- Place on waxed paper.
- Let set overnight to dry.
- Turn and let other side dry.
- Store in covered container.
- These keep a long time, and freeze well.
- I use this recipe to make mints for weddings for
which I also do cakes. It is a very easy recipe
as well as very good. I always get compliments
on these mints. They are time consuming to make
if you are not experienced.