Michelle's Special Dumplings
- Michelle Girdler
- 2 cups (475 ml) self rising flour
- 2 T butter (softened)
- 1 T sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) milk
- 1 egg
- 3 T brown sugar
- 3 T Golden Syrup
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) water
- Rub Flour and butter together with finger tips in a medium bowl.
- Add sugar.
- Beat milk and egg in a bowl and slowly add to flour mixture until a soft dough forms.
- Form the dough into six or seven small balls and leave to one side.
- In a medium saucepan bring the brown sugar, golden syrup, butter and water to the boil.
- Slowly drop balls in and cover, simmering for about 15 minutes, until balls spring back at the touch.
- Serve immediately with cream or ice cream.
- My mother's old recipe given to her by my
grandmother who just came to Australia from