Marlee's Flounder and Sauce
- 2 tsp (10 ml) olive oil
- 1 tsp (5 ml) butter
- 4 cloves crushed fresh garlic
- 2 chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) capers
- 1 large bunch of arugula or basil (1 cup (225 ml) washed)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) chicken broth
- juice of 1 large lemon
- 8 filets of flounder.
- If you cannot get arugula or basil, use asparagus, or whatever green you like. Find something in the frige.
- In a large sauce pan, heat oil and butter until melted.
- Add garlic and saute until garlic is softened.
- Add the remaining ingredients and cook for about 4 minutes on a low simmer, until arugula is wilted.
- Pour over the fish and bake for about 20 to 25 minutes at 420 degrees (225 C.).
- It is easy and everyone loves it.
- I had a lunch with a sauce over the fish that was
like this one. I went home and made a similar
one, but added some extra ingredients.
The sauce is really good over any seafood.