Sour Cream Orange Muffins
- 1 Medium size orange (*) Cut in chunks & seeded
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) Milk
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) Sour Cream
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) Vegetable Oil
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) Sugar
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) Salt
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) All-purpose flour
- 1 tsp (5 ml) Baking Powder
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) Orange juice
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) Finely grated orange peel
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) Confectioners sugar
- Process, blend, or grind the whole, seeded orange until finely chopped but not pureed.
- Beat together with the egg, milk, sour cream, and sugar until thoroughly blended.
- Stir in the flour, salt, and baking powder just until well mixed. Do not beat or over-mix.
- Divide into 12 muffin tins lined with paper cups.
- Bake at 400 degrees (200 C.) for 22 to 25 minutes.
- Remove to a wire rack to cool.
- Stir glaze ingredients until well blended.
- Brush with Orange Glaze.
- Use of the whole unpeeled orange might sound
strange but Ohhh, the flavor. Try it, I'm sure
you'll like it. I don't bother to glaze, just
slather with real butter. Damn the cholesterol,
full steam ahead!