- 3 cucumbers, peeled, seeded and diced.
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 tsp (5 ml) ground cumin
- 1 tsp (5 ml) ground ancho chili (or chili powder)
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) chopped cilantro
- juice of 2 limes
- 1 quart (950 ml) of low-fat buttermilk
- 12 oz (336 grm). plain yogurt
- 5 ripe avocados
- 2 cups (475 ml) chicken stock or water
- pinch or more of cayenne pepper
- pinch of dried mint
- Puree avocados with lime juice in a blender or food processor.
- Put puree into large bowl and wisk in yogurt, buttermilk, and chicken stock.
- Add chili powder, garlic, cumin, cayenne and mint.
- Stir in the diced cucumber.
- Taste for salt (at least 1/4 tsp)
- Garnish the soup with cilantro.
- This soup also makes an interesting sorbet-base :)