- Leah @styxs
- For Crust:
- 2 cups (475 ml) graham cracker crumbs
- 1 stick margarine
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) granulated sugar
- For Filling:
- 2 cups (475 ml) powdered sugar
- 2 sticks margarine (1 cup)
- 2 eggs
- For Topping:
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 can crushed pineapple
- 1 container whip cream (cool whip)
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) chopped pecans
- 1 small jar maraschino cherries
- Mix graham cracker crumbs, margarine, and granulated sugar in 9 inch x 13 inch pan.
- Spread, press and chill while preparing filling.
- Mix powdered sugar, margarine and eggs.
- Beat for 20 minutes. VERY IMPORTANT!
- Pour into crust.
- Layer bananas.
- Layer crushed pineapple.
- Layer cool whip.
- Sprinkle nuts and decorate with maraschino cherries.
- Refrigerate for 24 hours, keep chilled.
- You can vary this recipe by changing the toppings. For example: add or substitute chocolate syrup, strawberries or strawberry syrup.
- Just a really good desert from my mother-in-law
in Louisiana. Do not eat too much. It is really