- Trudy Bozowski
- 1 lb (.5 kg). chicken breast, cut in strips or cubes
- 1 cup (225 ml) green onions, choppped
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) chicken broth
- fresh mushrooms, as much as desired, sliced
- thyme, garlic, pepper, onion powder to taste (try 1/2 tsp (2 ml). each to start)
- 1 fresh tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) cooking wine. mixed with a little water or wine)
- hot cooked rice
- Fry chicken in a bit of cooking oil until pink is gone.
- Add chopped onions and cut mushrooms.
- Add chicken broth.
- Add cooking wine.
- Simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Stir in cornstarch.
- Let it thicken, then add chopped tomatoes.
- Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Serve over hot rice.
- Just a recipe my Mom gave me.