Melissa's and Kristen's Malibu Blossom Batter Bake
- 2 large red onions
- 1 cup (225 ml) white flour
- 1 cup (225 ml) beer
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) salt
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) of garlic powder
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) pineapple juice
- 1 tsp (5 ml) corn starch
- 1 tsp (5 ml) baking powder
- 2 cups (475 ml) of oil
- Peel onions and cut off tops.
- Cut into rings or make a blossom.
- Prepare batter by mixing all ingredients except the onions.
- Heat oil.
- Dip onions in batter mixture.
- Fry in oil until golden brown.
- Dust with salt.
- Delicious!!!! Irish old family recipe.