- Lisa Shelton
- 2 egg whites
- 1 pound confectioner's sugar
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml). light corn syrup
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). peppermint extract
- food color (of your choice)
- Combine egg whites, 2 cups (475 ml) of sugar, corn syrup, and extract.
- Beat at low speed until blended.
- Increase speed to high and beat until stiff peaks are formed. (About 10 minutes.)
- Stir in 1 cup (225 ml) of sugar. Blend.
- Place mixture in pastry bag with "star" tip.
- For each mint, squeeze small amount out onto cookie sheet lightly sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Let stand 20 to 30 minutes until hard.
- This recipe came from a friend.