- 1 lb (.5 kg) Bow tie Pasta
- 1 Can of Italian Plum Tomatoes
- Capers To taste
- Olives To taste
- Cook macaroni al dente.
- Crush plum canned tomatoes over pasta.
- Tear basil into bite size pieces and toss in the salad.
- Add capers and olives and toss.
- Add some olive oil, salt, and pepper to taste, if desired.
- Enjoy in good health. Serve hot or cold, your choice.
- It's better the day after!!
- This recipe has been in my family for centuries.
I am proud to call it Catenaccio Pasta Salad
after my family.