- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1 can mexican style stewed tomatoes (or substitute 2 cups (475 ml) salsa)
- 1 pkg taco seasoning
- 8 taco shells or soft tortillas (for corn tortillas, some people like to double up when using juicy fillings)
- diced tomatoes
- chopped lettuce
- chopped olives
- shredded jack or cheddar cheese
- Place chicken, stewed tomatoes (or salsa) and taco seasoning in crockpot.
- Add enough water to cover chicken.
- Cook on high for 6 hours.
- Cook on low for 1 hour. (chicken should be extremely tender)
- Remove chicken from crockpot and place in bowl.
- With a fork, shred the chicken.
- Add some of the sauce from the crockpot to the chicken and mix. Be careful how much sauce you add to the chicken; you don't want it to be watery.
- Serve with shells and toppings and mexican rice.
- The chicken in this recipe can be used for tacos,
casseroles, enchiladas - anything Mexican,