Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls
- 3 cups (700 ml) creamy peanut butter
- 4 sticks margarine
- 2 pounds powdered sugar
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 2 12 oz (336 grm) bags chocolate chips
- 1 stick canning wax
- Beat peanut butter and margarine well.
- Gradually add powdered sugar, vanilla and salt.
- Chill in refrigerator until firm (about 1 hour).
- When firm enough to hold shape, shape peanut butter mixture into 1 inch balls and place on a cookie sheet lined with plastic wrap.
- In double boiler, melt the chocolate chips and wax.
- With a toothpick, dip the peanut butter balls into the chocolate mixture and return to cookie sheet.
- Chill until set. I chill them in the freezer and when they are set, put in a covered bowl or plastic bags and store in the freezer. They are wonderful!
- This recipe was given to me by my mother-in-law.
It is a great Christmas candy.