- Lora Montgomery
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 4 cups (950 ml) baby carrots, sliced in half lengthwise
- 4 cups (950 ml) fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) flour
- 2 tsp (10 ml) garlic salt
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) margarine (approx.)
- 1 cup (225 ml) chicken boullion
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) white wine or 2 tbsp (30 ml) lemon juice
- Coat each chicken breast with flour.
- Melt 1 to 2 tbsp (30 ml) margarine in large pan.
- Cook chicken until golden on each side, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove chicken and set aside.
- Melt 1 to 2 tbsp (30 ml) margarine in same pan.
- Add slice carrots and garlic salt.
- Cook until almost tender.
- Add mushrooms and additional margarine if necessary.
- Cook until tender.
- Add chicken boullion, wine or lemon juice.
- Add chicken and let simmer about 10 minutes.
- Sauce should thicken after simmering. If not, mix a little flour and water and stir in.
- We serve this with mashed potatos and serve the carrot/mushroom sauce over both the chicken and mashed potatos.
- This originally started out from a Chicken
Picatta recipe. I changed and added some new