- Kimberly McCoy
- 1 lb (.5 kg). ground beef
- 1 lb (.5 kg). smoked sausage (optional)
- 1 lb (.5 kg). bacon
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) ketchup
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp (5 ml). chili powder
- 1 can lima beans
- 1 can kidney beans
- 1 can pinto beans
- 1 can pork and beans
- Cook ground beef, sausage, and bacon until done.
- Mix meat together in a pan and saute with chopped onion.
- In a small bowl, mix together ketchup, sugar, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, and chili powder.
- Drain and save the liquid from the lima, kidney and pinto beans.
- In the crockpot, add the meat, beans, and ketchup mixture.
- Stir together until well mixed.
- Cook in crockpot on low for 4 to 8 hours, depending on your taste. The longer the better, to let all the flavors mix together.
- When my mother made this, she had to make two
crockpots of it, because the whole neighborhood
would want some.