Elizabeth's own cold avocado soup
- Elina Nierojewski-Velez
- 2 avocados
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) yogurt
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) half and half cream
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) milk
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cucumber, diced
- 1/4 green pepper, diced
- 1/4 red pepper, diced
- 2 hard boiled eggs, diced
- 1 onion (scalded), diced
- Blend together the avocado, yogurt, cream and milk. (Soup will be thick. If you prefer it a little thinner, you may add more half and half cream or milk.)
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- When ready to serve, turn all vegetables and eggs into soup and mix gently. Or you may serve each item on a seperate dish and allow your guests to pick which ones and how much they would like to add to the soup.
- Garnish with a sprig of mint.
- It was created by my mom, Elizabeth, and we make
it every summer.