DonaMaria's Sausage & Cheese Biscuits
- 1 lb (.5 kg). mild pork sausage (or 1/2 Italian, 1/2 pork sausage)
- 4 cups (950 ml) buttermilk biscuit mix (or Bisquick)
- 2 cups (475 ml) shredded cheddar cheese (or 1 cup (225 ml) cheddar, 1 cup (225 ml) mozzarella)
- 1 cup (225 ml) water
- NOTE: If more Italian-like biscuits desired, add 1 or more tsp grated Parmesan Cheese. Be sure to use Italian sausage & Mozzarella cheese.
- Crumble sausage into skillet; brown & drain excess oil.
- In large bowl, combine biscuit mix and cheese.
- Add sausage; stir until blended.
- Stir in water until mixed.
- Add a few more drops of water if Parmesan cheese is used.
- Shape dough into balls about 1.5 inch round. Or, if biscuits desired (instead of appetizers), roll dough out and cut with biscuit cutter or glass).
- Place on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 375 degrees (200 C.) for about 15 minutes (until golden).
- Brush with softened butter or margarine when taken from oven.
- TIP: For spicier flavor, add jalapeno cheese & spices. Also, biscuits can be frozen (after cooking) and reheated at 375 degrees (200 C.) for 6 to 8 minutes.
- Italian-American - from California