- 2 lbs (.9 kg). dried giant lima beans
- 1/2 lb (.2 kg). salt pork
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) butter (not margarine)
- Rinse beans and drain.
- Do not pre-soak.
- Place beans in large pot on stove top.
- Add water to cover about 1 inch.
- Bring to a boil then add salt pork and reduce heat to simmer.
- Cook about 2 hours stirring occassionally.
- Add butter and cook another 30 minutes.
- The beans should be done but the water should not have thickened.
- I have never been able to cook this as well as
Karol, but it is a great, easy recipe.