- 1 6-oz pkg strawberry gelatin
- 1 cup (225 ml) boiling water
- 2 10-oz pkg frozen sliced strawberries-thawed, not drained
- 1 20-oz. can crushed pineapple, drained
- 3 medium bananas,mashed
- 1 cup (225 ml) chopped pecans (course)
- 1 8-oz pkg. cream cheese
- 1 cup (225 ml) sour cream
- In large bowl stir gelatin in boiling water until dissolved.
- Add strawberries with juice, drained pineapple, bananas, & nuts.
- 1/2 Pour of mixture into a 12 x 8 x 2 inch container and refrigerate
- until firm (usually 1-2 hours).
- Soften cream cheese and combine wiht sour cream, mix well.
- Spread evenly over chilled layer.
- Gently spoon on remaining 1/2 of strawberry mixture.
- Cover and chill.
- Cut into squares and serve on lettuce leaf for a salad.
- American dish passed down from my mother-n-law,
who put this recipe together.