Richard's Sopa de Albondigas
- Riah Blackford
- 1 cup (225 ml) soft bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) milk
- 1/2 lb (.2 kg). lean ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1 cup (225 ml) diced celery
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup (125 ml) coarsely chopped cilantro
- 1 large onion
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sliced carrots
- 2 cups (475 ml) zucchini, cubed or sliced
- 2-1/2 cups (600 ml) beef broth
- 1 28-oz. can whole tomatoes
- Combine bread cubes and milk and mix with ground beef, chorizo, and egg.
- Chill 30 minutes.
- Combine celery, cilantro, onion, carrots, zuchini, broth and tomatoes in a large kettle.
- Bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Shape meat mixture into 16 or more meatballs.
- Add to soup, cover and simmer 45 minutes, or until meat is done.
- Adjust seasonings.
- This is a great Spanish style soup with
nutritional ingredients. Feel free to try the
spices you like!
Editors note: Quantity was not given for chorizo so it is up to you.