Burmese Quick Noodle Stir Fry
- 2 packages of Ramen Noodles (or any other brand, this is a pre-packaged noodle soup that can be found in the soup section of the grocery store)
- 1 cup (225 ml) chopped cooked chicken, turkey or pork.
- 1 clove garlic, diced
- 2 green onions, chopped into half inch pieces
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) or more lite soy sauce
- black pepper, to taste
- Boil noodles according to instuctions. Omit the seasoning package.
- Drain noodles and pour oyster sauce over noodles; mix well and make sure the noodles are coated well with the oyster sauce. You can add more oyster sauce if needed.
- Sprinkle black pepper over the noodle mixture.
- Set aside.
- Heat oil and add onions and garlic; saute over low to medium heat.
- Add meat and soy sauce and stir well.
- Add eggs and scramble and mix with the chicken once the eggs are well scrambled. What I do is cook them on one side of the pan while the meat is sauteing with the onions and garlic.
- Add noodles to mixture and mix well until all is coated.
- Serve hot with egg rolls on the side.
- This recipe is great if you are in a hurry and
need to get dinner or lunch on the table. My
roots are from Burma and this dish has a Burmese
splash to it.