Kids Breakfast Favorite -- Egg With A Hat
Serves/Makes:1 per person
- Eggs (1 for each serving)
- White Bread (1 slice for each serving)
- Butter or Margarine (as much as desired)
- Cookie Cutter or Round Glass (Approx. 1 1/2 "")
- Use small glass or cookie cutter (approximately 1 1/2 inch round) to cut center out of bread slice(s).
- Heat skillet on stove (flat skillet works best).
- Butter bread slices and lay in skillet.
- Crack egg into hole in center of bread while in skillet.
- Cook approximately 1 minute (check under corner for browning).
- While one side is cooking, butter pieces of bread cut outs & lay on hot skillet to brown - turn to brown both sides while cooking egg.
- When breaded is toasted, CAREFULLY turn over with spatula (so egg yoke doesn't break).
- Turn heat to medium-low and continue cooking until toasted & egg cooked as desired.
- Remove from skillet to plates & top with toasted bread rounds (cut-outs from bread).
- A favorite of our children when young. My
Ex-Husband still can't agree on which one of us
created it...but we do agree it was one of their
favorites! And we still like it!