- 2 tbsp (30 ml). olive oil
- corn tortillas cut into strips (approx. 4)
- 1 jalapeno pepper
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/2 medium onion
- 1 lb (.5 kg). diced tomatoes with juice
- 3 tbsp (45 ml). cumin
- 10 cups (2350 ml) chicken stock (low salt)
- Saute strips of corn tortillas in olive oil 15 min.
- Process garlic, jalapeno, and onion in food processor.
- Transfer mixture to pan and cook for another 15 min.
- Add Tomatoes and cumin and cook another 15 min.
- Add chicken stock.
- Cook and reduce 20 to 25 min.
- Put it all in the blender until smooth.
- Garnish with:
- Crisp tortilla strips
- Cheddar cheese
- Cut up chicken
- Using the blender at the end , with the corn tortillas, gives the soup an
extra flavor. Excellent!
This recipe makes a lot, maybe enough for 12?