Robynn's Chicken and Sundried Tomato Delight
- R. Heffer, Elizabethtown, KY
- 4 skinned, boneless chicken breasts
- 8 oz (224 grm) cream cheese
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) chives
- 1 can mushrooms (any will do)
- 8 sundried tomatoes (preferably red) - hydrated
- 8 slices of throughly fried (or microwaved) bacon
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) of walnuts, almonds, pine nuts (or nut of choice)
- olive oil to cover the bottom of frying pan
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) half and half
- bread crumbs (we like Italian)
- Dijon mustard
- Chicken preparation:
- Pound chicken breast to 1/4 in. thickness.
- Whip egg and half and half to a fluffy consistency.
- Pour olive oil into frying pan.
- Allow to heat at medium high.
- Toss in nuts and cook one minute.
- Add onions and sundried tomatoes and cook until onions are translucent.
- Reduce heat and add bacon, simmer.
- Preparation of chicken:
- Dry chicken breasts, lay flat.
- Spread creme cheese.
- Add stuffing mixture equally.
- Roll chicken with ingredients into tight roll and secure with toothpicks.
- Dip into egg/milk mixture.
- Sprinkle bread crumbs over chicken (you do not have to coat heavily).
- Bake at 400 degrees (200 C.) (in preheated oven) for 20 minutes.
- Sauce option:
- Mix dijon mustard and honey.....keep it simple and to your liking.