- 4 eggs
- 1 cup (225 ml) oil
- 1 14-oz can of pumpkin
- 3-1/2 cups (825 ml) sifted flour
- 2-1/2 cups (600 ml) granulated sugar
- 2 tsp (10 ml) baking soda
- 2 tsp (10 ml) baking powder
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 1 tsp (5 ml) ground cloves
- 1 tsp (5 ml) ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp (5 ml) ground nutmeg
- Combine wet ingredients first.
- Add in dry ingredients.
- Blend together well (works best if you mix by hand with a spoon).
- Pour into bread pans.
- Bake at 375 degrees (200 C.) for 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- I'm not quite sure where it comes from but I'm
pretty sure that it's Dutch.