- Roberta Porterfield
- 1 large cucumber peeled and chopped
- 1 cup (225 ml) green onion minced
- 2 cans (1 lb (.5 kg).12 oz) peeled, diced tomatoes + juice
- 1 tsp (5 ml) oregano
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) salad oil
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp (5 ml) dried tarragon
- 1 cup (225 ml) finely chopped cilantro
- 1 tsp (5 ml) Tabasco sauce (or to taste)
- 2 cans (11.5 oz) V-8 juice
- 1 small to medium bell pepper
- Blend all ingredients and chill about 1 hour.
- Add chopped avocado or baby shrimp at serving time, if desired.
- NOTE: do not use or store in an aluminum bowl
- Originated from my great grandmother, who is of Cherokee decent and lived
in Mexico for a good deal of her childhood. I have added modern day
ingredients, replacing a few of the original, to make it maker friendly.
She probably would be O.K. with this since she was pretty mellow and cool.