- carolyn buskirk
Serves/Makes:1-8x8 in pan
- 2 cups (475 ml) sifted cake flower
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) cocoa
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) shortening
- 2 tsp (10 ml) baking soda
- 1 cup (225 ml) sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla
- 1-1/3 cups (325 ml) buttermilk
- Sift flour, cocoa, salt and baking soda together 3 times.
- Cream shortening with sugar until fluffy.
- Add egg yolks and vanilla and beat thoroughly.
- Add dry ingredients and milk alternately in thirds, blending after each addition.
- Pour into greased pan; bake at 325 F. 45-55 min.
- Makes 1 (8 x 8 inch) cake.
- I have never made ths cake. I found it in a recipe book called 200 classic cake recipes. I have had the recipe book since the early 60s.the
cake comes from the USA.