Aunt Toby's Black Bean Soup
- Aunt Toby
- 3 15 oz (420 grm). cans black beans
- 1 cup (225 ml) beef or chicken stock
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) dry red wine
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) chili powder
- 1/4 cup (60 ml). plain yogurt
- Puree 2 of the cans of the beans with their liquid in a food processor.
- Pour the bean puree into a medium saucepan.
- Drain the remaining can of beans, then add to the saucepan.
- Stir in the stock, wine and chili powder.
- Bring the mixture to a simmer over medium heat, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes.
- Stir the yogurt until smooth.
- Ladle the hot soup into soup bowls.
- Garnish each serving by drizzling on about 2 tsp (10 ml). yogurt.
- A family favorite over the years that my Aunt
Toby would make. I hope you enjoy it as much we