- 16 cups (3775 ml) thick apple pulp
- 1 cup (225 ml) vinegar
- 8 cups (1900 ml) sugar
- 4 tsp (20 ml). cinnamon
- Core and slice apples but don't peel.
- Add only enough water to cook apples until soft.
- Press through sieve and measure.
- Combine all ingredients.
- Cook until mixture remains in a smooth mass when a little is cooled (about 1 1/2 hrs boiling).
- During cooking stir frequently to prevent burning.
- Pour into sterilized 8 oz (224 grm). jars and process in boiling water bath for 10 minutes.