- 1 cup (225 ml) rice
- 2 cups (475 ml) chicken broth
- 2 T butter
- 2 T lemon juice
- 1 tsp (5 ml) lemon zest or more, to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 8 T finely chopped chives or green onions
- 8 T minced parsley
- In saucepan combine rice, broth & butter.
- Add lemon juice, lemon zest, salt & pepper.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat & simmer, covered, approx 25 minutes.
- Add Parmesan cheese, chives and parsley.
- Toss and serve.
- This rice is very good with chicken or fish.
The rice can be prepared ahead and reheated.
Add cheese, chives & parsley just before serving.