Madeline's Harvest Platter
- lauren howell
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) butter
- 4 medium potatoes, sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sliced carrots
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sliced greenbeans
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sliced yellow string beans
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, sliced
- 1 medium green zucchini, sliced
- 1 stalk fresh dill or sprinkle of dill weed
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). garlic powder
- pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) parmesan cheese, shredded
- 2 large tomatoes, sliced
- 8 oz (224 grm). shredded mozzarella
- 1 lb (.5 kg). or more kielbasa (optional)
- Melt butter in large electric skillet at about 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Add sliced potatoes and sliced onions in layers, brown slightly.
- Add sliced carrots, green and yellow stringbeans, arranging in layers.
- Sprinkle with garlic powder, salt and pepeer, cover and cook about 5 minutes until almost tender.
- Add sliced yellow and green squash and dill and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- At this point, add kielbasa sliced on top--if not add just sliced tomato and then mozzarella.
- Cover and cook until cheese melts.
- Enjoy...it's a great summer dish especially if you have a garden.
- The fresh flavors explode in your mouth.
- It's my mothers invention-she won a prize for it
at the Kielbasafest in Chicopee, MA.....hence
kielbasa may be added to the dish.