Serves/Makes:Approx. 6 pint
- Apples, peeled, cored and finely chopped.enoung to fill crock pot heaping full
- 4 cups (950 ml) sugar
- 4 tsp (20 ml). cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) salt
- Fill crock pot with apples.
- Drizzle sugar, cinnamon, cloves and salt over apples.
- Cover (lid may not fit at first, but apples will shrink as they cook.)and cook on high 1 hour. Lower heat and cook all day, until thick and dark color. Stir occasionally.
- Fill small jars, cool and freeze.
- Be sure to leave room in jar for expansion.
- Recipe from MO Ozarks. Easy and delicious!