Serves/Makes:4 quarts plus
- 3 pints apple cider vinegar
- 6 bell peppers
- 10 pounds green tomatoes
- 1 bunch celery diced
- 4-1/2 cups (1050 ml) brown sugar
- 6 pounds cabbage
- 1 bannana pepper
- 2-1/2 pounds fresh onions ground
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) salt
- 1/8 cup (30 ml) mustard seed
- Grind mustard seed, cabbage, pepper and tomatoes together.
- Mix with onion, celery and salt.
- Allow to set overnight.
- The following day; squeeze juice from vegtable mixture.
- Thoroughly mix brown sugar and vinegar and add to preparation.
- Pack in clean jars and seal.