- Spanish chicken dish, baked with potatoes
- Angela Grimaldi
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 cup (225 ml) water
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) cooking sherry
- 3 lemons, juice only
- 4 large potatoes, washed, peeled, sliced into thin circular slices
- 4 small yellow onions, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2-1/2 tbsp (35 ml). paprika
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). salt
- 4 pinches black pepper
- 4 bay leaves
- 5 tbsp (70 ml). olive oil
- Place chicken breasts in large baking pan.
- Pour olive oil over breast, turn to coat sides.
- Sprinkle 1 pinch of black pepper on each breast.
- Sprinkle garlic over chicken.
- Place potatoes and onions around chicken breasts along sides of baking pan.
- In large measuring cup, combine water, sherry, paprika, salt and lemon juice.
- Stir well, and pour over top of chicken, potatoes and onions.
- Bake in 375 degree (200 C.) oven for 23 to 30 minutes, or until potatoes, onions and chicken are slightly browned, and tender.
- This is a family recipe, from Andalucia, Spain. I
learned how to make it from my mother when I went
off to college. It is simple to make, and
absolutely scrumptuous! Of course, no one can
make it like my mom.