- 14 cups (3300 ml) apple pulp
- 1 cup (225 ml) white vinegar
- 8 cups (1900 ml) white sugar
- 4 tsp (20 ml). ground cinnamon (I use 4 heaping)
- To get pulp, cook washed, cored & quartered apples in enough water to barely cover til soft, then run
- through foodmill (I dehydrate apples, so I use the peelings & cores only).
- Be sure to remove any bruised or bad spots if using whole apples!
- Mix pulp with rest of ingredients in large pan.
- Bring mix to boil, stirring frequently to prevent sticking.
- Simmer for about 60 minutes.
- Stir from time to time to prevent scorching.
- Pour into 10 clean, hot pint jars, seal and process in waterbath for 10 min.