- Recipe was given to me from my mother-in-law.
Serves/Makes:8 or more
- 4 lbs (1.8 kg). sweet potatoes, cooked and mashed
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) melted butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) bourbon
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) orange juice
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) brown sugar
- 3/4 tsp (4 ml) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). nutmeg
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) to 3/4 cup (175 ml) pecan or walnut halves
- Combine all ingredients except nuts in a large mixing bowl.
- Pour into a greased casserole.
- Arrange nuts around edge.
- Bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) for 45 minutes.
- This is great as a side vegetable dish at