- Dayna Boynton
- 6 large yams
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1/2 pkg mini marshmallows
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) brown sugar
- 1 cup (225 ml) orange juice
- Cut yams in half.
- Bake in 350 degree (175 C.) oven in a 9 inch X 13 inch pan until you can stab the yam with a fork, but it is still firm. (not too sft or mushy.
- Peel yams and cut them in chunks in a smaller oven safe casserole.
- Put all remaining ingredients on top.
- Bake 30 minutes more at 350 degrees (175 C.). (Til everything's gooey).
- It is OK to adjust any of the ingredients to suit your taste.
- You can substitute apple juice for OJ.
- You can also do these like mashed potatoes, or twice baked potatoes.
- This is a recipe I have just played with over the
years and it still changes sometimes.