- 8 cups (1900 ml) cooked apple pulp
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) apple cider vinegar
- 4 cups (950 ml) white granulated sugar
- 2-1/2 tsp (12.5 ml). cinnamon
- Combine all ingredients in large pot.
- Cook about 1 1/2 hours, stirring frequently, at a boil until mixture remains in a smooth mass when cooleda little, on a cold plate.
- Water bath in pint jars for 10 minutes.
- Recipe can be doubled with no problem!
- I was given this recipe 20 years ago. It's wonderful! I have had raves
from CA, WA, OR, HI, ND, MN, FL, and VA! This is a US of A recipe.
The best apples so far, have been Spitzenberg, Spitzenberg-Braeburn,
Gravenstein, and this year, I will try a straight Braeburn. I like it
because it doesn't call for cloves--although I have added 1/8 tsp for my
husband, on occassion.