- Ann Worley
Serves/Makes:8 or more
- 1/2 ham or large ham roast
- brown sugar
- ground cloves
- black pepper
- Remove all fat and skin from the ham.
- Coat thickly with all the spices,using the paprika as the final layer.
- Place in a glass baking dish in the refrigerator,uncovered,for at least two weeks.
- At cooking time,bring to room temperature,and bake in the same dish at 350 degrees (175 C.) for 25 to 30 minutes per pound for a small ham or about 15 minutes per pound for a large ham or until very tender.
- NOTE:It does appear slightly inedible-- until serving time.
- This is an anticipation-type recipe.By the time
the curing process is completed in two weeks,the
cooking and serving have become""An Event.""Can't
you tell how good this is-you might just try it