Lousiana Fresh Sausage Casserole
- Lovey Angela Barre, just a house wife.
Serves/Makes:4 or more
- 1 large bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 green onion stalk, sliced
- 6 slices bread
- 10 eggs
- 1 4-oz. can cream.
- 16 oz (448 grm). mixed cheese, grated
- 2 lbs (.9 kg). fresh sausage
- 1 tsp (5 ml). salt
- 1 tsp (5 ml). black pepper
- 1 tsp (5 ml). garlic powder
- pinch of red pepper
- Take sausage out of casen.
- Brown meat bell pepper, onion, green onion and seasonings until cooked.
- Mix eggs and cream ightly in large bowl.
- Place 6 slices of bread on bottom of 9 inch pan.
- When meat is done drain oil, then mix with eggs and cream in large bowl.
- Pour over bread in pan evenly add cheese evenly.
- Bake 1 hour at 350.
- Cool 5 to 8 minutes.
- Cut and eat.
- I saw this Louisiana dish on tv and just tried it.
Most people here are of French/German culture
but they call us Cajun.