- Brent Petit
- 4 medium yams
- 6 tbsp (90 ml) butter
- 1 cup (225 ml) brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) cinnamon
- pecans, optional
- marshmallows, optional
- Boil yams in salted water until fork tender,drain, cool and peel.
- Melt butter in baking pan.
- Mix sugar, 1/4 cup (60 ml) water, and cinnamon and add to pan.
- Slice potatoes crosswise 1/2 thick circles, add to pan.
- Optional: sprinkle pecans, marshmallows or both on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) for 1/2 hour or until potatoes are tender.
- If potatoes aren't covered by sauce baste occasionally.
- This recipe is a stable in Cajun cooking during
the fall when the ""sweet potatoes"" are