- Dipping sauce for Asian appetizers
Serves/Makes:Makes 1 cup
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) dry mustard
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) Champagne or beer
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) honey
- 2 tbs (30 ml) dijon-style mustard
- 2 tbs (30 ml) rice vinegar
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) salt
- Combine all ingredients in saucepan and beat with whisk until smooth.
- Bring to boil over medium heat then reduce to low and cook for 2 minutes stirring continuously.
- Cook a little longer to increase thickness.
- Transfer to sealed storage container and refrigerate for up to two weeks.
- Serve warm or cold as dipping sauce.
- Good with Drunken Pork and other appetizers. From the Chopstix cookbook,
by Hugh Carpenter and Teri Sandison.