- 1/2 cup (125 ml) butter or margarine
- 2/3 cup (150 ml) brown sugar (packed)
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) light corn syrup
- 1 cup (225 ml) all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) finely chopped Macadamia nuts
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees (200 C.).
- Combine butter, brown sugar and corn syrup in small saucepan.
- Cook, stirring, over medium heat until sugar disolves and mixture begins to bubble.
- Remove from heat continuing to stir well, gradually beat in flour and add nuts.
- Keep batter warm by setting saucepan in larger pan with 2 inches of barely simmering water.
- Drop batter by tsp full about three inches apart on greased baking sheet.
- Allow plenty of room for cookies to spread.
- Bake until edges are golden brown, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- If you want to leave the cookies round, allow to cool on sheet until firm.
- If you want to shape by folding or twisting, let cool until firm enough to handle but still soft enough to curl, less than a minute.
- Transfer to rack to cool and store in an airtight container.