- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup (225 ml) water at room temperature
- 2 cans tuna (chunk light in water works best)
- 1 16 oz (448 grm). package egg noodles (any width)
- 1 can cream of celery soup
- plain bread crumbs or thin potato chips
- bread crumbs or chips
- Add the water, celery, and onion to a large skillet.
- Cook on medium heat until the celery is tender and the onion is transparant.
- While the celery is cooking, cook the noodles according to package directions.
- Put the cooked noodles in an ungreased casserole dish.
- When the vegetables are done, drain the water.
- Add the tuna and soup to the skillet, and cook until heated through.
- Add to the cooked noodles and mix well, until all noodles are well coated.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle bread crumbs or chips generously over the top.
- Bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) until the top is browned and most of the liquid is absorbed.