- A very simple appetizer
- Allen Miglore
Serves/Makes:4 as an appetizer
- 1 large ripe avocado
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) mayonaise
- 1 tsp (5 ml) chili powder
- 1 tsp (5 ml) cumin powder
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) chopped tomato or your favorite salsa
- Lime or lemon juice (optional)
- Cut open the avocado and remove the seed.
- Scoop out the meat with a spoon.
- Mix avocado with the rest of the ingredients, using a fork to keep the texture course.
- If you won't be eating it all right away, mix in a bit of lime or lemon juice to help prevent discoloration.
- This one's been made by my wife for longer than she's been my wife.